The district has a population of 1,621,593
individuals, among them 47 percent are literate; for
males it is 61.3 percent against 39.1 percent for
In Kamalia Tehsil 57.5 percent over 10 years is
illiterate; in female part the ratio goes up to
• In 1995 TMF established Sardar TM Model School
Kamalia in a rented building.
• Later a piece of land was donated by Choudhry
Mukhtar Ahmad Nusrat and his brother Choudhry
• In 1998 the school was shifted to new school
building and was upgraded to higher secondary level.
• An educationist, Late Reham Din Choudhry took the
responsibility of Principal and served the institute
till his last breath.
• Like every year, this time too the school showed
good results in Secondary School examinations.
• Currently 209 boys and 159 girls are being taught
by 27 teachers in institution.